As the Proposal Manager, I lead and manage the proposal development process for business development and prime opportunities, as well as efforts to respond to RFP’s and RFI’s.
- Working with Business Operations Managers, Lead BDs, and related technical teams to develop RFP responses
- Improving processes and operational efficiency in responding to RFP’s and developing proposals
- Developing processes and associated documentation to identify contract vehicles and prime contractors in SLED and DoT market
- Monitoring appropriate systems for upcoming RFP’s
- Developing matrices that illustrate prime contractors and related contract vehicles currently in place for SLED and DoT markets
- Providing proposal development support for non-RFP opportunities driven by partner or customer requests
- Building and Maintaining Proposal and Contract management SharePoint sites and flows
- Reviewing Project requirements and identifying “kick off” teams
- Developing project documentation and change order processes for contracts
- Partnership Management and Support to maintain relationships and escalate new opportunities for team engagement
2017 – 2018
Program Director, American College of Preventive Medicine
As a Program Director at the American College of Preventive Medicine (ACPM), I managed and led initiatives for ACPM’s portfolio of projects with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other preventive medicine and public health capacity building projects.
My responsibilities included:
• Managing all aspects of grant/cooperative agreement projects and activities, including project reports and budgets
• Preparing federal grant reports and proposals
• Interfacing with CDC officials and acting as a point of contact on specific projects
• Providing oversight and assuring the quality of deliverables over other lifestyle medicine / public health capacity building grants and programs
• Assisting in the development and management of the ACPM Lifestyle Medicine Curriculum
2016 – 2017 Manager, Healthcare Transformation, National Council for Behavioral Health Washington D.C.
- As the Manager, Healthcare Transformation, my role was critical in achieving the National Council’s goal of providing meaningful and cutting edge content development, training and technical assistance to community behavioral health organizations and health systems.
My responsibilities included:
- Working with internal staff, external stakeholders, and direct care providers to oversee and ensure infusion of evidence-based practices for all training and technical assistance projects, with a sound grounding in organizational work flow, quality improvement, and system redesign/refinement.
- Conceptualization and development of behavioral and public health improvement products, and monitoring data trends for practice improvement projects.
- Web-based and in-person training and consultation as part of a larger clinical and quality improvement strategy.
- Analysis of health policy environment and impact on health care providers, adult learning and education modalities, Opioid Use Disorder treatment and prevention, and Medicated-Assisted.
- Writing and research, data analysis and report preparation, collaborative curriculum development, and public speaking.
2016 – 2017
Public Health Analyst, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSAgov), HHS Rockville, MD
As a subject matter expert in the Office of Health Equity (OHE), I provided advice on issues related to health disparities, social determinants of health, and delivery to underserved and medically vulnerable populations. I served as a valued tribal health liaison to over 500 federally recognized tribes by conducting research, evaluating and drafting data reports, organizing meetings, and educating federal partners and stakeholders on tribal health issues. In addition, I provide advice in the areas of data collection, program planning, workforce development, clinical care, and provider patient relationships. My experience conducting analyses and drafting reports on disability issues, health care policies, and health equity initiatives, allowed me to stay up-to-date on relevant issues.
My Responsibilities included:
• Serving as a representative on federal workgroups dedicated to Accessibility and Behavioral Health.
• Acting as a co-chair of the Services Workgroup for the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee tasked with creating a comprehensive strategic plan.
• Maintaining a thorough database of activities pertaining to health equity including programs and initiatives sponsored by HRSA and The White House.
• Drafting adhoc and annual reports including the HRSA Opioid Literature Review Summary.
• Initiating partnerships with federal agencies, public departments, and private organizations to increase health equity.
Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
The responsibilities of the committee include annually updating the IACC Strategic Plan for ASD, preparing an annual summary of advances in ASD research, monitoring federal ASD activities, and providing guidance to the HHS Secretary on matters related to ASD.
2015 – 2016
Senior Program Manager, Disability and Public Health, Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD)
Silver Spring, MD
As a subject matter expert in the fields of autism, mental health, behavioral health, and early childhood interventions, I was able to effectively contribute to broad-based public health workforce development. In this role, I supervised five employees and interns, managed a $2 million dollar public health portfolio, and provided workforce and community training and technical assistance. My administrative responsibilities include overseeing grant and sub award management, proposal development, and contract negotiation. In addition, I facilitated Listserve correspondence, newsletters, progress updates, outreach plans, and project documentation.
My responsiblities included:
• Facilitating collaboration between the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD), and AUCD.
• Overseeing a $400,000 CDC behavioral therapy intervention project and evaluation phase including creating training materials for dissemination to the field.
• Leading the CDC’s Including People with Disabilities: Public Health Workforce Competencies project working with a national group of public health leaders to create a website, online training modules, and educational resources public health professionals
• Receiving an Innovative Teaching Award from the Association of Teachers of Maternal and Child Health.
• Overseeing Nutrition is for Everyone, a $300,000 grant program funded by the Wal-Mart Foundation.
• Conceptualizing and leading a pilot program to encourage and support mentorship amongst AUCD staff.
2014 – 2015 Senior Program Specialist, Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD)
Silver Spring, MD
Working under the supervision of the Director, Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Technical Assistance. Assisted with managing technical assistance activities of AUCD’s cooperative agreement with the Maternal Child Health Bureau (MCHB). The cooperative agreement is funded under the Autism Cares Act and provides funding for the Interdisciplinary Technical Assistance Center (ITAC), supporting the national networks of MCHB-funded Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND) and Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics (DBP) training programs.
- Assist with managing technical assistance activities such as webinars, in-person and virtual meetings, trainings, topical work groups, and quality improvement initiatives
- Develop web content, informational materials, training and technical materials, and other publications and resources to meet the needs of grantees
- Assist with coordination and serve as AUCD consultant on MCHB site visits
- Respond to requests for information and assistance from member centers and programs, federal MCHB project officers, and other partners
- Represent the AUCD office, AUCD network members, and the cooperative agreement on advisory groups and at meetings and conferences locally and nationally
- Assist the MCH Technical Assistance Director and other project staff in the coordination of technical
- assistance and network efforts
- Carry out activities that further the mission and goals of AUCD
Virginia Commonwealth University
- Adjunct Professor, Interdisciplinary Teamwork
- Va- LEND program Interdisciplinary Clinic Coordinator
- Create curriculum on cultural competency
- Classroom management and instruction
- Work with key project staff to determine timelines and benchmarks for activities
- Gather information from respective partners for programmatic and fiscal reporting
- Coordinate the work of project programmatic activities with the project evaluator and assist with implementation of the evaluation plan
- Participate in national project meetings as appropriate
- Create training content on cultural competency and health disparities
- Lead initiatives to create and maintain cultural competency
Partnership for People with Disabilities, Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)
Project manager of the statewide Autism Spectrum Disorder implementation grant
- Worked with key project staff to determine timelines and benchmarks for activities
- Gathered information from respective partners for programmatic and fiscal reporting
- Coordinated the work of project programmatic activities with the project evaluator and assist with implementation of the evaluation plan
- Participated in national project meetings as appropriate
- Created training content on cultural competency and health disparities
- Lead initiatives to create and maintain cultural competency
Autism Society of America, Central Virginia Chapter
- Community outreach
- Program support
- Fundraising and development
- Strategic Planning
2013 – 2014
Youth & Family Services of Virginia
- Management of in home behavioral specialists to ensure fidelity of interventions
- Administered VB-MAPP assessments and Functional Behavior Analysis
- Creation of Individual Service Plan (ISP) as developed by clinical team and family, and ensures goals and objectives follow ABA principles
- Provided educational, medical, and other advocacy
- Analysis of data collection, staff training, and report writing
- Parent advocacy, parent education, educational advocacy, and case management
- Utilized the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to evaluate and treat targeted socially significant behaviors
- Supervised the implementation of treatment plans for fidelity by Behavior Coaches
- Training in ABA and parent advocacy
- Monthly reports for clients to evaluate progress and modify treatment plans
- Reported to the Clinical Director of the ASSET program.
Grafton Integrated Health Network
- Direct delivery of behavioral services to children and families by utilizing the strategies and principles of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA)
- Implemented goals and objectives to ensure safety and engagement in appropriate instructional, leisure, and daily living activities within a natural environment, and under the supervision of a BCBA
- Provide services in family homes or other appropriate settings
- Reported to Director, ABA Services
2011 – 2012
Henrico County Public Schools
- Assisted the lead teacher with lesson plans, and classroom management
- Teaching duties twice per week on language arts and music and movement.
- Helped to identify children in need of services
- Assisted with implementing the student’s IEP
- Assistance in preschool classrooms and Autism classrooms
- Completion of behavioral observations, data collection
- Create and maintain databases, spreadsheets and diagrams for the Records Management DepartmentCreate Visio diagrams of workflow, and processes
- Maintain spreadsheets and information in the Domino Records Management System
- Creation of training programs and e-learning curriculum
- Design and implement IT program to support worldwide cost savings initiatives, global remote office implementations
- Managed world-wide IT budgeting
- Implement Home Office policy and IT assessment for small offices
2001 – 2004
- Worked in the office of the CTO researching current and future technology useful to the business
- Lead and managed research projects to assist in developing grounded product and strategy recommendations and assess impact to Capital One
- Point of contact to submit, and assist with all research inquiries with external research analyst services for the Strategic Technology department in the Office of the CTO
- Provided grounded recommendations and assessments of technology
- Project Management